The etiologies are often very complex and will be managed in an interdisciplinary way.
Let's mention the etiologies:
3. Morphological and bone.
6. Global dysfunction of the posture such as the pelvis (sacrum or ilium).
With regard to Osteopathy, it is necessary to make an overall and holistic assessment: craniosacral, mandibular, oral-fascial and lingual sphere, vertebral column, pelvis and visceral. Depending on the symptoms and dysfunctions the treatment will be oriented with a lot of precision.
Let’s recall some classic dysfunctions and their treatments.
1. Lingual dysfunction.
Treatment: lingual exercises.
2. Craniosacral dysfunction.
Treatment: Craniosacral osteopathy, membranous tension balance (Sutherland).
3. Functional defects of the sacrum and ilums.
Treatment: Mitchell, tension ligamentous balance.
4. Dental dysfunction.
Treatment: dentist and orthodontist.
5. Psychological troubles: psychologist.
6. Orofacial dysfunction with musculo-articular disorders.
Treatment: Manual Therapy fascial muscles, masticators, cervical, exercises of the tongue.
In general, the treatment is interdisciplinary.